Friday, October 03, 2008

Friday Find: LitMatch

Yesterday I received an e-mail announcing the first anniversary of LitMatch, a site that describes itself as follows:
LitMatch was created to be the largest, most complete, and most up-to-date directory of literary agents and agencies on the Web. Created by writers, for writers, LitMatch offers unique research and submission tracking features designed to help writers of all kinds connect with the people who are best able to help them get published.

Our staff is dedicated to helping writers achieve their goals. Together, they represent over 25 years of experience in designing websites, managing information, and creating online tools.
I discovered LitMatch recently while doing some exploratory agent research for a nonfiction book idea. I liked the search features. I liked the information I found on agents and agencies. I liked the overall design.

I can't address the site's submission tracking system because I haven't used it yet. But I can tell you that the site is worth a visit, especially because you can search and browse some very useful information for free. And if you decide to register with the site before December 31 (also at no cost), you can be eligible for something else: an anniversary giveaway.

Intrigued? Go to LitMatch and check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I discovered--and began using--LitMatch last month when I began querying agents. Although I do maintain a parallel tracking system,I like their features, especially the one that allows you to view response times of agents you have queried, along with percentages of acceptances, requests for manuscripts, and (sigh) rejections.

Erika D. said...

Thanks for the comment, Susan. Be sure to keep me posted on the good news that will surely come.