Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Wednesday Web Browser

Advice for freelancers from Linda Formichelli: "Diversifying is good to a point, but you shouldn’t just add new products and services willy-nilly."

Amusing (and, based on my admittedly limited and long-ago experience, true!) take from Writer Abroad on being "Ameropean."

Monday night I finished reading Allegra Goodman's aforementioned new novel, The Cookbook Collector. A wonderful read! As I wrote in a note to the author, it's such a smart book, while being unassuming. That is to say, it's about as far from "in-your-face" with its own smartness as it can possibly be. I highly recommend it!

Over on my other blog, last week's Shabbat link list of Jewish literary news was especially extensive. If you're interested, please do check it out.

1 comment:

Writer Abroad said...

Thanks for the mention! Glad that you can relate to the Ameropean experience.