Saturday, July 15, 2006

Attention, Book Reviewers!

I've just been getting started with my new group of book reviewing students (they're MFA candidates in the Lesley University Low-Residency MFA Program in Creative Writing), so I've once again updated (and made available for those of you who aren't my students!) the Practicing Writer's Directory of Paying Markets for Book Reviewers. As usual, I've updated changed links, removed listings that no longer seem viable, and even managed to add some publications that will pay for your book reviews (the total now exceeds 80 markets!). Read the preview (with sample listings) here.

And in related news, I've just received a first review assignment for a publication I've been looking to crack for awhile. Stay tuned--I'll be able to tell you more once the review is written, submitted, and published! Meantime, you can find some of my most recent reviews (in print) in the spring 2006 issue of The Missouri Review and in the June 2006 issue of The Writer. A few more should be out shortly....

No comments: