Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Preparing for the Nieman Narrative Nonfiction Conference

Last night I spent four hours working over at the Nieman Foundation, helping with preparation for this weekend's Nieman Narrative Nonfiction Conference in Boston. Another four hours collating registration materials and getting name tags ready await me.

Loyal blog readers may remember that I attended this conference last year (and reported on it at the time). It's a very expensive conference, and since I'm a freelancer I have no employer to subsidize me, so I've faciliated my attendance this year and last by volunteering to help out. In exchange I receive a huge discount on the registration fee. But I do work for it!

Check out the fabulous program the Nieman Foundation has assembled for the 2006 conference here. And if you're seeking more information/resources on "narrative nonfiction," surf on over to the excellent Nieman Narrative Digest site.

No comments: