Some markets/jobs/opportunities to get your week started:
1) Meadowhawk Press seeks fantasy submissions (deadline: January 31, 2007) for its Touched by Wonder anthology. Click here for more information. (Pays: $45 plus one copy of the book)
2) National Public Radio Kroc Fellowship (Washington, DC: Pays: $37,000+)
3) Wilderness Society, Communications Internship (Washington, DC: Pays: $1,500/month)
4) Alexandra Writers' Centre Society (Calgary) is now accepting applications for its Spring 2008 Writer-in-Residence program. "The residency will run for a month in either March or April, 2008 (date to be confirmed)." The program (which does not appear to include housing, so this may be something for "local" writers), requires the writer to give a reading; provide 16 manuscript critiquing sessions; and offer a one-day workshop. The AWCS is looking for a "published author with teaching experience; comfortable critiquing a variety of genres (e.g., prose fiction, non-fiction, poetry)." Pays: $1,000 CDN, "paid at the end of the residency." Application deadline: January 31, 2007.
5) The English Department of Bowling Green State University is looking for a Distinguished Visiting Writer for Spring 2008. Download the announcement here.
6) (Via Writing-world.com): "LaChance Publishing is seeking TRUE stories of literary merit about experiences with breast cancer and multiple sclerosis (MS) for publication in its Voices Of series, the net profits of which will be donated to The Healing Project, a non-profit organization that serves as the editor of the series. If you or someone you know is a victim, care giver, friend or family member that has been touched by these diseases and have a story to inspire and inform, please visit http://www.thehealingproject.org/main.html for submission guidelines. Please apply/submit through the website, and take careful note of format guidelines." (Pays: "$175+")
7) FamilyFun magazine (Northampton, MA) is looking for a part-time editorial assistant.
8) San Diego Jewish Journal is looking for freelancers. (Pays: $75-$300)