Last call for our online course, Publishing Your Short Stories, which begins on Monday. If you've been thinking about joining, please get in touch with me asap.
And if you've been thinking you might wait until the class is offered "live" here in Cambridge in March, or until the next online offering, well, I have some other news to share: I'M MOVING TO NEW YORK.
That's right. I've accepted a full-time office (writing) job. A month from now, that's what I'll be doing each day.
And when I'm not at the office, I'll be pretty zealously guarding my (private) writing time.
What does this mean for all of you?
1) I WILL NOT be offering the "live" publishing class in Cambridge, and I have no foreseeable plans to offer the online version again, so, as they say, carpe diem if you want to take advantage of the opportunity!
2) I WILL NOT be updating any more e-books for the foreseeable future, either, so the last three updates (which were made within the past few days) will be the final ones for awhile. (So if you were waiting for a newer version of one of the guides, this is as new as it's going to get for awhile.)
3) I WILL NOT be taking on new clients for consultations/coaching for the time being.
4) I WILL (of course) continue to work 100% with all my current students in the online short story publishing and MFA book reviewing classes. And, of course, I'm honoring all my freelance contracts/commitments (some extending as far as June deadlines).
5) I WILL continue to publish our beloved newsletter. (I'm going to be researching much of the material for my own needs, anyway.)
6) I WILL continue to post here at Practicing Writing. Just not quite so often. (And unfortunately that's effective immediately: I'm going to be away the next couple of days apartment-hunting.)
So that's my big news. I'm very excited about it, and I hope you're all happy for me, too!