Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Student Success Stories

Reading A. Papatya Bucak's latest essay on the Chronicle of Higher Education's Web site yesterday (I loved her first column, too, and you'll find that piece linked within the new one) I was reminded of something important. And that is the fact that for me, one of the best parts of the job of teaching writing has always been learning about my students' successes after our work together has ended. Whether they tell me about a publication, an MFA acceptance, or an award, I am always pleased when former students let me know about their achievements.

So please consider this post a formal invitation: If any of you reading this are former students of mine with good news to report, please contact me via my Web site and let me know! (Warning--I may have to brag about you on the blog!)

No comments: