Thursday, October 25, 2007

In the Time of the Wildfires: A Reminder Resource

What's going on in California is astonishing and scary. I send my very best wishes out to all the practicing writers and their loved ones who are dealing with the situation.

This may be a good time to remind everyone about a link maintained here on emergency resources for writers. Please comment as necessary to help update/expand that page. Thank you all!

And here's a quicklink to FEMA's California Wildfires information.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind thoughts. I was stressed the hell out, and I lived up in Long Beach, relatively unscathed. My girlfriend's aunt lost her house. Sad times...but mostly going back to normal.

Erika D. said...

I'm glad you're OK, Joey. I hope your girlfriend's aunt can rebuild her home soon and smoothly.

Unknown said...

We had to evacuate four years ago, but lucked out this time! I didn't even try to create coherent posts to A Writer's Edge but resisted the natural urge to make my blog into a disaster journal. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Georganna @ A Writer's Edge

Erika D. said...

Good to hear from you, Georganna, and glad to know you're OK.