Friday, December 07, 2007

Friday Find: New Chanukah Lit

As I muse this morning over on my other blog, I am a little overwhelmed by the quantity of quality essays I'm reading about Chanukah. Have they always existed? (Or does it simply have something to do with heavy-duty anthology promotion?) For an officially minor holiday (yes, it's true!), Chanukah seems to be inspiring some truly lovely writing.

Since I'm leaving the city later today to celebrate with my favorite people in the world (including seven children under the age of seven--can you imagine the fun [and the noise?]) here are a few finds for your weekend reading pleasure:

--Amy Klein's "Hanukkah Is in the Holiday Season, Too,";
--David Bezmozgis's "Festival of Birthdays"; and
--Joanna Smith Rakoff's "Dolls of the World."

No comments: