Friday, January 08, 2010

Friday Find: Live Chat on "How to Write a Book" with Roy Peter Clark

"When I was 30 years old," writes Roy Peter Clark, "I wrote a column that revealed my goal in life was to write one good book. The problem: I didn't know how."

Today, he says, "I can stand in front of a stack of 15 books that carry my name as author or editor. I've learned a few tricks along the way, and now I'm eager to share those secret strategies with you in a live chat Friday, January 8 at 1 p.m. ET."

As many of you know, Clark, who is Senior Scholar at The Poynter Institute, "has taught writing at every level--to school children and Pulitzer Prize-winning authors--for more than 30 years, and has spoken about the writer's craft on The Oprah Winfrey Show, NPR and Today; at conferences from Singapore to Brazil; and at news organizations from The New York Times to the Sowetan in South Africa. He is the author of 'Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies for Every Writer,' the book and the blog."

I'm sorry for the late notice on this, and I should probably add that I suspect this chat is likely to be nonfiction-intensive. (Twitterers, take note: There may still be time for you to submit a question ahead of the chat.)

Have a great weekend--see you back here on Monday.

No comments: