Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Wednesday Web Browser

I knew I was truly starting to recover from my flu bug this weekend when I was able to read a full article in the New York Times Sunday magazine: "James Patterson Inc.", a COVER story on the author and his writing/publishing empire.
Something that unfortunately got past me in the days before the Tamiflu worked its magic was a new "Indy Press Friday" initiative on Twitter. The point is to promote titles by small/indy presses via tweets with an #ipf hashtag. See Galleycat for more. (This week, I'll be prepared! How about you?)
On the Poet Hound blog: useful tips on requesting a review of your book. (Many thanks to Diane Lockward for highlighting this in her recent roundup post titled "Some Cool Stuff," in which yours truly is also mentioned!)


Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Thanks for the tips! Hope you're better.

Mystery Writing is Murder
Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen

LCS249 said...

Re: "James Patterson Inc." ... how depressing. Here I am struggling to become a Cormac McCarthy or Ian McEwan, and this guy outsells Stephen King, John Grisham and Dan Brown combined. I came out of the ad world. I wrote copy at some of the largest agencies in the world, up there with J. Walter Thompson where Patterson came from. I understand how to craft copy. But I'd still rather be a "writer" vs. a "marketer." There's a parallel in the world of music: snide musicians sometimes say Vivaldi wrote the same concerto two hundred times. Sounds like Patterson to me. And he has "co-authors" to help him do it. What an eye-opener. Maybe I'll change my name to Louella and write bodice-rippers.