So, last week I told you about my initial foray into the world of permissions. I'm glad to tell you that there's already an update to share.
Briefly: I have, indeed, heard back from the Big Publishing House I mentioned last Thursday. They e-mailed me with a request for further information. And here's what they asked for:
--the page number in the book where the excerpt appears
--anticipated number of book copies to be published
--whether the book is a trade volume, a textbook, or a scholarly work
--estimated price of the book
--the book's market (U.S., Canada, worldwide)
--whether the book will be published in hardcover or paperback (or both)
--scheduled date of publication
--daytime phone number
--desired term of license
After some consultation with my publisher, I sent off an e-mail with the replies. Now it's back to waiting. I really hope the Big Publishing House comes back with something generous (or at least, reasonable). Think good thoughts for me, please!