Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Wednesday Web Browser

Some translation-related material to share with you this week. First: The literary journal Image recently asked contributing translators to address their craft; the resulting quotations are here. And from Hayden's Ferry Review: two poems by Yiddish writer Avrom Sutzkever, translated and introduced by Miri Koral.
==========
Looking for some writing exercises? This post on the Rutgers-Newark MFA blog will point you to several.
==========
To use the word "tweet" or not to use it? That is a question.
==========
I really wish someone had shown me something like I.J. Schecter's article, "How to Break Into Corporate Writing," before I launched a freelance writing practice. Said practice might have lasted longer had I sought to include corporate writing within it.
==========
I'm on Goodreads! Are you? Please "friend" me! And if you have any tips on how to make the most of the site (as a reader or as an author), please share!

No comments: