Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Wednesday Web Browser

For my fellow Francophiles: a lovely essay by Anthony Daniels on Flaubert's most famous conte, which is translated as A Simple Heart. "Of course, no summary can do justice to the subtlety, acuity, or beauty of Flaubert's story. The only real way of doing it justice would be to repeat it word for word. Let me, however, point to just a few instances, not by any means exhaustive."
==========
In The New York Times, Abigail Zuger wonders: "Should memoirs of illness be held to the same standards as other writing?"
==========
Just in case you didn't catch this essay about author Tim O'Brien's visit to a community college when I posted it (twice) on Twitter last week, I'm sharing it again.
==========
Tuesday is Poetry Day on Twitter. Follow poetry-oriented tweets at #poettues.
==========
Debbie Ridpath Ohi took the words right out of my mouth (or head). I was asked to promote the same writing contest here on Practicing Writing, and I declined the request for the very same reasons that made her wary. Be careful, my friends!

No comments: