Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday's Pre-Publication Post: The Week in Review

First, THANK YOU all for the amazing response to last week's post, in which I solicited your feedback on author photo possibilities. You're a terrific group!

I've now gone ahead and asked the photographer to retouch two photos (as I said, one retouched photo is part of the package I signed up for; I'm going to kick in the extra bucks for a second one). In the meantime, I want to share with you a useful post on author photos that I found. I've sent it along to the photographer, too, to explain my request for images with different resolutions.

Other pre-publication activities this past week have included going through a copy-edited version of my manuscript (and if you're wondering about the use of the hyphen with "copy-edited," you have a sense of some dilemmas I've been facing). I've also been following up with the Big Publishing House from which I have been awaiting a permissions response. Important (relearned) lesson here: Sometimes, you really have to pick up the phone. And progress toward a cover design, about which I've heretofore said little, continues.

So, that's what's been happening with Quiet Americans this week. Thank you all so much, again, for your interest!

4 comments:

Dana Lynn Smith said...

Erika, thanks for linking to my article about author photos. Good luck with your book!
Dana

Erika D. said...

Thanks very much, Dana!

Ellen Meeropol said...

I had author photos taken on Tuesday, and this was very helpful - thank you!

Erika D. said...

Glad to hear it, Elli!